HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT HAIRCUT AND HAIR COLOR FOR YOU
To find your perfect hairstyles, there are two key guiding principles that can help you to figure out easily:
Discover your face shape – They are generally categorized into six shapes: oval, long, square, round, diamond, and heart-shaped. Each face shape will fit with its own right haircuts and hairstyles that will balance and enhance your facial features.
Highlight the good features – There will be many hairstyles that suit your face shape and compliment you from all angles. The only basic rule of finding a great haircut for your face shape is to highlight your best features and try to create the illusion of an oval face.
To choose the best color for your hair, figure out whether you have a warm or cool skin tone. If you have a:
Warm skin tone – Choose a color with a cool tone that will complement your skin. Cool-toned hair colors usually have words like “ash” or “cool” in their names. On the lighter side, pale, champagne, platinum and silvery blonde hues will typically look best. On the darker side, cool reds and brunette shades, as well as amber, auburn, fawn-hued brunettes and rich black-brown shades will usually look best. On The Wild side, silvery pastels are great options.
Cool skin tone – Go for warm, rich shares that complement your skin and that won’t wash you out. These colors typically have words like “chocolate,” “honey” or “warm” in their names. On the lighter side, golden blondes are great options. On the darker side, chocolate brown hues and darker shades with some warmth to them will usually look best. On the wild side, bright, warm shades are the best choices.
HOW TO MAINTAIN HAIR COLOR AND TAKE CARE YOUR HAIRCUTS LAST AS LONG AS POSSIBLE: CARE TIPS
To keep your haircuts and hair color looking their best – and to keep them for the longest possible time, follow these care instructions:
With your new haircuts
- Avoid over shampooing, which can dry hair out. Try to wash your hair 2 to 3 times per week to avoid stripping hair of natural oils.
- Choose a conditioner that meets your hair and scalp needs.
- Use products and tools that will protect, not damage, your hair. This can include anything from heat protectant products to nice combs, quality blow dryers and more.
- If you regularly heat style your hair, take a day off every now and again to give your hair a break.
Your hair and the type of cut you get will determine how soon you need to return to your stylist for a trim. In general, though, it’s best to stick to the 6 to 8 week rule. Getting trims within about 2 months of your last cut can keep your hair looking its best!
With your new hair color
- After getting your hair colored at HQ Salon, wait 48 hours (2 days) before shampooing your hair.
- Shampoo and conditioner with sulfate-free products.
- Shampoo with slightly warm water and rinse conditioner out with cold water.
- Wash your hair 2 to 3 times weekly and use dry shampoo on days when you are not washing your hair.
- Apply protective leave-in treatments and/or heat protectant sprays before styling hair.
- Wash your hair with clarifying shampoo one day before your color appointment at HQ Salon.