AFTER CARE INSTRUCTIONS & TIPS
How you take care of your brows after an Ombré Brow treatment can greatly impact how your brows look – and how long your results last.
For the long-lasting, optimal results, follow these important after care instructions:
- At least 3 hours after your appointment and right before you go to bed, blot away any fluid secretions to prevent excessive scabbing.
- During the scabbing period (the first 2 to 3 weeks after treatment), keep scabs dry, moisturizing just enough to keep them “flexible.” The longer scabs remain, the better the color will set.
- Within the first two weeks following treatment, clean your eyebrows at least twice a day. Make sure you have clean hands and use a clean cotton pad and water to gently cleanse the brows. Next, apply the ointment you get from our salon to your clean brows.
- Reduce residual pain and swelling by taking over-the-counter pain medications and/or applying a clean ice pack (wrapped in a clean towel) to the brows.
Here’s what you should NOT do after an Ombré Brow treatment:
- DO NOT let your eyebrows stay wet or soak in water for long periods of time. You DO NOT want the scabs to get soggy.
- DO NOT use harsh cleansers, creams or products on your eyebrows for at least 10 days.
- DO NOT apply makeup to your eyebrows within the first 14 days. Makeup can prevent proper healing, causing irritation and excessive scabbing.
- DO NOT pick or scratch at scabs or dry skin on or near your eyebrows. Let them fall off naturally.
- DO NOT tan and limit your sun exposure for 3 to 4 weeks after the treatment.
- DO NOT engage in exercise or activities that will cause heavy sweating for the first 10 days after treatment. Salt will draw out the pigment.
- DO NOT get facials, Botox, chemical treatments and/or microdermabrasion for 4 weeks following treatment.