Lip Blush & Lip Neutralizing
Lip Blush and Lip Neutralizing are a form of permanent makeup used to create definition, enhance shape, boost color and make lips look naturally plump & flushed!
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LIP BLUSH AND LIP NEUTRALIZING?
Lip Blushing is a cosmetic tattoo that uses water-based inks to create the illusion of fuller lips by implanting color in areas that may be less pigmented naturally or have lost color as a result of fillers and/or aging. A digital machine is used to deposit tiny dots of color all over your lips and the end result is a very natural, beautiful tint with no visible outline. Custom color is mixed for each and every client based on their skin color, undertones, and existing lip shade.
- We need to naturalize the lips to a natural and healthy look as much as possible
with orange or red pigment.
- We start to add the color of our choices and see how your body accepts the treatment.
- We adjust the color: more or less based on the final desired look.
WHY LIP BLUSH AND LIP NEUTRALIZING?
These treatments can enhance the beauty of natural lip color, correct asymmetry, and make lips look naturally plump & flushed! Using only organic pigments, we achieve a color that deepens the natural color of the lip, appearing fuller and richer in pigmentation. Custom color is mixed for each and every client based on their skin color, undertones, and existing lip shade, therefore, you can be sure to achieve the desired effect. Lip Blush and Lip Neutralizing can last for approximately 2-4 years, or longer with recommended refresh sessions every 18-24 months.
PRE CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- If you’ve EVER had even 1 cold sore on the outside area of your mouth or on your lips you MUST take a doctor prescribed Valtrex or a similar antiviral at least 3 days prior and 3 days after getting your lips tattooed. If you don’t, this procedure will trigger an outbreak that will affect healing.
- Make sure your lips are well moisturized in the days leading to the appt. Dry, cracked lips won’t heal nicely.
- DO NOT get lip injections 4 weeks before and after these treatments.
- DO NOT drink coffee or any caffeine on the day of the procedure.
- DO NOT drink alcohol 24 hours before the procedure.
- DO NOT workout on the day of the procedure.
- DO NOT consume Advil, Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E and/or Ibuprofen, fish oil supplements, omega-3, unless medically necessary or any blood thinning medication for a minimum of 72 hours prior to the procedure.
- Exfoliators, creams containing Glycolic Acid, Retin-A, Renova, and Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHAs) at least 72 hours before the procedure.
- Chemical peels and laser treatments should be avoided within 4 weeks of the procedure.
- If you have been on prescription Accutane in the past, you MUST wait at least 1 year before considering this procedure.
AFTER CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- Refrain from soaking your lips in water for a week and from applying makeup to them.
- Refrain from using saunas and swimming pools, sweating excessively and sunbathing for 5 days.
- DO NOT peel any dry skin/ scabs.
- DO NOT eat spicy foods or hot liquids for 48 hours after your procedure.
- DO NOT bleach your teeth until your lips are healed.
- DO NOT excessively stretch lips while they are healing with big smiles or pucker lips with smoking.
- Keep the lips moisturized with Aquaphor or our recommended balm only (no Neosporin, vaseline, etc).