WHAT IS EYELINER PMU?
If the eyes are the windows to the soul, eyeliner defines and accentuates. This treatment involves tattooing a light black line of ink across the lashline to add definition and structure to the eyes.
At times, putting on eyeliner can be time consuming and frustrating, especially when you have to focus on whether you will have a good or bad eyeliner day!
For those that have oily skin, eyeliner can often smudge, requiring reapplications throughout the day. With eyeliner tattoo, you never have to worry about smudging, running, or wearing off or removing it when you go to bed! It helps the lash line look thicker, fuller, longer, and more luscious.
Eyeliner tattoos can be applied in a variety of styles, from extremely thin and natural-looking liner, to thicker lines, and even winged eyeliner.
Specializing in custom, natural eyeliner, you will be able to discuss your goals with our technician during your consultation. Everyone has a different idea of what the “perfect” eyeliner look is. Not only do we keep up with current trends, we excel in customizing eyeliner based on your facial anatomy and your goals!
If it is your first time receiving eyeliner, we will begin with a design process so you can see what styles look best for the shape of your eyes, or we suggest you go for basic eyeliner first, as you can always extend areas over time. We recommend these methods so you won’t be shocked by your appearance, and it will give you time to get used to your new look and make adjustments over time! However, we will always do what the client desires unless we feel as if we will be unable to achieve your desired looks.
We make sure to consult with our clients to ensure satisfactory results before proceeding with the cosmetic tattoo.
MAINTENANCE & LONGEVITY
It lasts about 6 months – 3 years depending on the individual’s skin type and lifestyle. Most clients come within 1-2 years to maintain their eyeliner. Those with oily skin and more melanin tend to fade faster and may require more frequent touch ups compared to others.
- It is best to keep the lash area in its natural state as much as possible.
- Make sure you do not have any eyelash extensions on when coming in for the Eyeliner PMU service. If you do, make sure to completely remove them 2 days prior to coming in.
- If you wear contact lenses, make sure to take them out and wear/bring glasses instead.
- You must wait at least 3 months before any surgical procedures.
- You must wait at least 2 months after receiving laser removal treatment.
- You must wait at least 1 month after receiving Botox.
- You must wait at least 2 months after receiving filler, especially for under-eye treatment.
- We recommend getting injectable/Botox AFTER your Eyeliner PMU service for optimal results. Please consult with your doctor/healthcare provider if you are considering getting Eyeliner PMU AFTER your cosmetic treatments instead.
- Stop using chemical treatments such as but not limited to AHA’s and retinoids at least 1 week before.
- No Alcohol 24 hours before.
- No caffeine on the day of the procedure.
- Please come in with a fresh, bare face.
AFTER CARE INSTRUCTIONS
You may experience minor redness and swelling in the area. This can take about 4-5 days to gradually subside. It takes 7-10 days on average for the PMU service to fully heal and look natural.
- Avoid getting water on the area for the first 24 hrs following the procedure.
- Once the 24hrs are over, only water is permitted and you should NOT use soap, scrub or exfoliate while washing your face for 1 week.
- For 1 week you must avoid: chemical products including but not limited to makeup, soap, skincare products, sunscreen, etc. on the eyes only. You must also avoid swimming, sauna/direct steaming, and excessive sweating during this period to prevent possible infections. Avoid direct sun and hiking etc. for 7-10 days. Walking around is ok but no extracurricular activities in prolonged sun.
- DO NOT forcefully peel/rub or disturb the procedural area while healing. Scabbing and peeling is normal. However, please remove any black eye crust with a Q-tip in the inner corners of your eyes only, very gently so as to not disturb your new Eyeliner PMU.
- DO NOT touch with unclean hands.
- We DO NOT recommend the use of eye drops or medication for 7-10 days. However, if you experience extreme discomfort, the use of eye drops is okay as long as it’s only 1-2 times total during your 7-10 days.
- DO NOT wear contact lenses for 3-4 days post procedure.
- To prevent or alleviate swelling, place an ice pack wrapped in a clean towel over your eyes for 20-30 minutes sitting up RIGHT BEFORE going to bed and RIGHT AFTER waking up the next morning. We do not recommend over usage of this treatment as it can cause sensitivity to your eyes.
- We recommend sleeping with your head propped up if you experience swelling for the first couple of days.
- For longer lasting results: Avoid getting brightening products such as AHA’s, retinoid, hydroquinone, etc. on your lash area. This includes any kind of healing gel (Read product ingredients before using).
- Contact your doctor if you notice any signs of infection. Please consult with your doctor/health care provider/dermatologist before any procedures if you have any underlying conditions.