WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CLASSIC LASH EXTENSIONS AND 2D/3D/4D EYELASHES?
Classic lash extensions can add length and alter lash shape, based on the shape of the eyes. These
extensions do not add volume, however.
Alternatively, the newest innovation in lash technology is the 2D/3D/4D+ eyelash extensions. These enhance volume and shape, rather than adding length, and they tend to be the most natural looking
extensions. The difference between 2D, 3D and 4D (and more) is that:
- 2D extensions involve applying 2 extensions to one natural lash.
- 3D involves applying 3 extensions to one natural lash.
- 4D involves applying 4 extensions to one natural lash (and so on).
The more extensions applied to a single lash, the softer, curlier and fluffier the eyelashes will appear.
Eyelash extensions typically last 4 to 6 weeks (as long as they are properly cared for).
HOW ARE EYELASH EXTENSIONS APPLIED?
The lash extension application process generally involves the following steps:
- One natural lash is isolated from the other eyelashes.
- An extension is chosen from a lash tray.
- The tip of the extension is dipped in glue.
- The extension is placed on top of or beneath the natural lash and then left alone to let the adhesive dry.
HOW OFTEN DO I NEED REFILLS?
On average, the eyelash growth cycle is 6 to 8 weeks. To keep lashes looking clean, full and beautiful, it’s recommended that you get lash refills every 3 to 4 weeks.